Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Camping in the Olympics

A good friend and I went camping in Olympic National Park this weekend. It was the first time I've been away from Sebastian overnight since he was born, so I was excited, but nervous. I did miss him, but it was great. It's been 2 years since I went camping last and I love going. We left Friday afternoon and came back Sunday evening. We had long ferry waits, pretty drives, singing in the car, scary guardrail challenged mountain hugging roads, fun chatter around the campfire, 2 great hikes, beautiful star strewn night skies, gorgeous scenery, and fabulous, sunny weather! What a great weekend! 

I thought I'd share some pictures with you. 

As we drove to our campground on Friday evening, we had lovely sunset views overlooking the Straight of Juan de Fuca. What an awesome drive.



On Saturday we went for a hike.

There were gorgeous views,



beautiful mountain lakes,

lush green valleys,





and flower strewn meadows.


The best part is that my husband had a great time with Sebastian at home, so I could totally relax, without worrying about them, in the outdoors. What a lovely weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment