Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Busy-fun

Well, I'm back and I still haven't finished with my closet, so I'm falling behind on my fashion overhaul. I'm almost there though! We had such an eventful weekend! Saturday we took a drive out to Vashon Island. It's not connected to land by any bridges, so we took the ferry across and it was a perfect day for  it. Sebastian loved the ferry. It was his first time on a boat and he was full of smiles, surprised gasps, and excited baby-running. We drove the length of the island and then took the southern ferry back across to Tacoma and drove by University of Puget Sound, our alma mater and the place where my husband and I met. They've made quite a  few changes in the last several years and it was fun to see, especially since freshman orientation is starting. It made both of us remember our own first weeks and the fun we had during college.

Later that evening, my mother-in-law came over and watched Sebastian so we could have date night. Hooray! A gorgeous night for it and a yummy dinner. We are looking at buying our first home soon and I would really love to have a property with an acre or two of land, so I can have a garden to grow food, a few chickens, and maybe eventually even a goat. The Farm Dream really deserves it's own post, but suffice it to say that I have one, and these are the beginning steps. Of course, my husband has his own goals and dreams and they are largely city-centric, so we are looking for a place that is far enough to actually have land that we can afford and close enough for a daily commute to work. Afterwards we walked along the beach a little bit and enjoyed temperatures in the 80s and beautiful clear views across Puget Sound to the Olympic mountains. 

Sunday was my husband's company summer party. They held it at a family fun center nearby and the main attraction was a "food truck battle." They brought in three food trucks and we were able to order whatever we wanted from all three. What fun! All three were good, but it was a rather fast meal because Sebastian was completely taken with all the sights and sounds at the park and he wanted to explore. Unfortunately, he was too little for most of it, but I  don't think he minded because he just loved running around. They did have a little kid area full of things to climb on, tunnels to crawl through and slides (I think of them as the kid-sized hamster track!). He LOVED it! Ran around in there like crazy for quite a while and since he needed to be supervised, I went with him. It was pretty fun running  through there with him. Just good, childish fun. I think I need more of that in my life! 

Once home it was just relaxing for the rest of the afternoon, though I did sew up a quick muslin of a pair of pants that I'm making for Sebastian. Hopefully I'll get down to my sewing area soon to sew up the real things so I can show them off here! It'll be a challenge though because I'm going camping with a friend this weekend and have quite a few things to get ready. It will be my first weekend away from Sebastian! Woah! I'm ready, but a little nervous too. I know he'll be fine, but I think I'll miss him. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment