Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Ugh.




I found this through the JASNA mailing list a while back and I saved it because I liked it. This is totally the reasoning behind Dramione fics, no? Though I'm not so sure the "sensibility" fits Hufflepuff so much as (with most Hufflepuff things) the others seem obvious in who they belong to and it worked well enough to tack Sensibility on to Hufflepuff. : )



Anyway, I apologize again for the lack of a post on Friday. Blogger continued to give me issues throughout the weekend, so I couldn't make a proper post and I'm continuing the trend today. I've been feeling sick to my stomach all day long, so I'm not up to making a nice, long post. It's times like these that I wish I had a stash of interesting posts to use here so you all can have something good to read. I'll work on that in the future. 

For now, I'll just mention that I did finish my second muslin of the Rooibos and I think it will fit better, even though it will still need changes. The adjustments are just more in line with what I thought they would be, even though I haven't had my husband's help to properly pin it all closed to see. The size 6 with the extra length in the shoulder straps is probably where I should've started to begin with. I probably wouldn't have known I needed the extra length in the shoulder straps, but after doing this, I remembered that I had a similar problem with the Sorbetto pattern that I made up (a free pattern put out by Colette Patterns), so I think I may start with that when making muslins for future patterns by Colette. Also, it looks like I'll need a SBA like I anticipated with the first muslin. So I'll be working on that once I feel better. I'm hoping the adjustments will be limited to the bodice so I can just make a third muslin of just that portion of the dress.

I hope you're all having a lovely week and I'll be back on Friday with a proper post!

No comments:

Post a Comment