Tuesday, September 13, 2011

New Fabric!

(I wrote this post last week, but it didn't make sense to put it up until I had talked about my sewing plans. I was considering putting it up later in the week, but I have something else planned for Friday. So I decided to do a double post today. Enjoy!)

One of my favorite local fabric shops is having a big sale right now. I love Nancy's, but rarely get fabric there because their fabrics are super nice, but not exactly budget friendly in a lot of cases (and I have a talent for zeroing in on the expensive stuff)! For the next two weeks they are having their anniversary sale and ALL fabric is 25% off. Since their sales are practically non-existent, I had to take advantage of this one! Luckily, I've been saving my spending money!

So I went down to the store last week on the first day of the sale and scored some great fabrics for my fall wardrobe refashion sewing. I found some lovely fabric for Ceylon and Rooibos, which you saw in my previous post. 

And I found this!


I saw them just as I was about to have everything cut and get out of there before I did more damage to my budget. Too late! I saw these and I couldn't pass up their awesome nerdiness! I am making up new bibs for Sebastian with both of these, but even with only buying half a yard, I'll still have plenty left over. I'll have to figure out something to do with the rest because these were just too cute to pass up! 
 
After all, who doesn't love PacMan? Or colorful and nerdy Space Invader fabric??


Since they're so quick and easy, I've already finished one bib and started on the other. Here is the completed Space Invader bib being put to good use:


That fabric is so fun! Now I can't wait to start sewing up my clothes!

No comments:

Post a Comment