Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Peach Hand Pies


I love southern fried pies, but I didn't want to deal with the mess of frying at home. Plus, deep frying isn't exactly the most healthy choice. Instead, I decided to try to make baked hand pies with all the delicious peaches that are in season right now. (Yes, in Seattle, peaches are still in season!)

 


The results were pretty good, though I think I should have chopped the peaches up smaller so I could fit more filling inside and trap less air. I think the big peach chunks created more air space than I would have liked, so when I ate them, although the peaches were delicious, it had the feeling of not having enough filling inside. Next time I think I'll try smaller chunks and I'm debating cooking them some first to get them to shrink down before filling the pies. 

They are definitely tasty though, so if I can perfect the filling situation, I'll post the recipe. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment